2. Since the strawberries I have are pretty massive, I halved a few of them and placed a half in each ice cube hole.
3. I then melted about half of a bag of dark chocolate chips on a double boiler on the stove. Since I eat an enormous amount of chocolate (!), I’ve been trying to at least purchase dark chocolate instead of regular…I figure at least I’m getting more antioxidants or something
And nope, I don’t own a REAL double boiler! I just put a small amount of water in the bottom pot, wait till it boils and then put the chocolate in the top pot. It’s the same way my Grandma and Mom do it, so I imagine I’m stuck with this technique for life!
4. Pour the chocolate over the strawberries in the ice cube tray. Be aware that it will probably take a bit more chocolate than you think!
5. Put the tray of goodness in the freezer. I left it in there for about an hour, which was pretty much as long as I could wait before wanting to eat them!
6. Remove tray from freezer and twist it so that the chocolate strawberries come out of the tray. Then EAT!
The ice cube holes break the bar into little individual squares, kind of like a real candy bar, only the pieces are much bigger. I actually have two squares left in my fridge right this second!
Well, actually, not for much longer…..