I seriously cannot get over the fact that it is November. I have 13 days left of work and less than two months until Christmas and the holiday season. What the hell happened to 2012?! I remember my parents telling me that time passes more quickly as you aged, but I always thought that was something that “old” people said. Apparently I’m ancient now because I daresay it’s true!
Anyway. Moving on.
The month of October, per the pattern, flew by for me and was full of some serious high and low points. Let’s chat about those, shall we?
1. Game of Thrones, the TV show. Man, I’m seriously behind the bell curve on this one, but I seriously heart this show. Season one is on Netflix and I flew through all of the discs. If you’re at all interested in medieval/royal/mystical-type stuff, check the show out. And PS: Daenerys is freaking bad ass. Just saying.
2. Dry Shampoo. Not all dry shampoo, just this one in particular:
After getting my hairs cut, I decided to stage a rebellion and quit washing my hair. Well, not entirely, but I seriously cut back. Instead of the 5-6 hair washings a week, I am now down to a max of two (Of course, I still shower. Ewwww, that would be gross otherwise!) This dry shampoo seriously rocks my world and makes it possible so that I don’t walk around looking like I have a wet rat on my head. Plus, my hair is now way softer. Score.
3. Big Horn Crossfit. Y’all, I am loving this whole crossfit thing. Muy bueno. It’s a nice change from the years of pure endurance sports, and I am totally noticing added leg strength in my running and hiking. I cannot wait until I get on my skis this season because I suspect that I won’t be suffering from early-season weak legs like in years past!
4. Did I mention that work is almost done for the season? I don’t think I can stress this point enough.
5. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I die. Do y’all remember the original Smashing Pumpkins (pre-breakup in 2000)? They were one of my fave bands in the 90s, and I recently re-discovered how much I love this particular album (Thank you, Pandora!) There is absolutely not a bad song on this album, and I have been cranking it in my car and on my runs. I’ve always loved 90s rock (i.e. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Candlebox, etc.), but this album truly makes me smile 🙂
1. Election Year Chit Chat. Pretty self-explanatory, I think. Please, do your duty as an American and go vote….but don’t try to make me change my mind or tell me an I’m an idiot for choosing “my” candidate. Promise, that doesn’t make we want to alter my opinion!
2. Game of Thrones, the series of novels. It’s hard for me to admit, but I just don’t like this series of books! As usual, I made an effort to read these books before checking out the TV show because I usually prefer the story in print rather than on screen. However, I am on the third book and I’ve finally realized that I’m just not that into the books! I struggled with the first one and became interested enough to begin the second. Since then, it’s been all downhill. I finally put the third book down after reading 100 pages…and I haven’t picked it back up. Oh well.
3. No Gluten Allergies For Me. I already mentioned how my blood tests came back negative for any type of food allergies, but it still belongs on this list. No, I really don’t want to be allergic to anything, but I would much rather monitor my food instead of suck on an inhaler! Now that the temps are dropping, I have to be more aware of my asthma since the cold weather really constricts my lungs. I have to be sure to run and ski with my inhaler, and quite honestly, it’s wicked annoying. Sigh.