Columbia’s #OmniGames: The #OmniTen Adventures Continue!

I always make this assumption that everyone knows what I’m talking about just because I mentioned it on Twitter. But then, I think about it and realize that everyone follows hundreds if not thousands of people, so it’s rather unlikely that my tweets stand out in the crowd. Narcissism at its finest, I suppose!

In that same vein, it occurred to me that although it’s been all over the Twittersphere, I have yet to share my latest perplexing news on the Columbia Sportswear front. If you’ve been reading my blog for a bit, you likely remember that I was chosen to be part of Columbia’s inaugural OmniTen group way back in March, 2012.

#OmniGames

Not all of the OmniTen, but Gina, Steve, Katie L., Jon and me are all in the photo. And, recognize the writer on the far right? That’s Amy from The Gearcaster, the gal who joined us in Alaska this past summer!

At the time, the OmniTen program was brand-spanking new so no one knew what to expect and I imagine we were a sort of test pilot program for the company. Our trip was a bit different than more recent OmniTen excursions since it circled around the release of Omni-Freeze Zero. This meant that not only were we in Sedona, but so were dozens upon dozens of journalists from various publications (Sidenote: check out that post for the first time—and first photo!—I met Will!)  In short, our time in Sedona and Havasupai was absolutely spectacular and I’ve remained close friends with everyone in my season.

#OmniGames

Exploring the canyon

I mean, we even had a mini-reunion last NYE in Park City!

Since then, the OmniTen program has evolved and they are now on their fourth season. However, Columbia has apparently decided to spice things up a bit and those of us from seasons 1-3 were shocked to find a perplexing email in our inboxes last week. Now, I’m totally paraphrasing because I’m not sure I should go the copy/paste route, but in short, it said this:

January 7-11, 2014.

#OmniGames

No idea where: top secret

Play your “cards” right and you may need your passports soon after!

And that’s all we know!

#OmniGames

Maybe we’ll have a competition in jumping off high cliffs? Clearly, my form is textbook !

A few of us have mentioned the idea of a challenge between seasons so maybe that’s what Columbia is thinking. Honestly, we have no idea! The email said we wouldn’t need our passports for those dates in January, but maybe afterwards. In short, they left all of us scratching our heads and rolling around in curiosity and excitement. Personally, I have absolutely no idea what to expect but I do know that I am freaking excited!

Alright, does anyone have any guesses?!

• Reply Miz October 30, 2013 at 5:19 am

OAKLAND!!!
    are you coming to me?? 🙂

• Reply heather October 30, 2013 at 6:12 am

I think you’re on to something! 🙂

• Reply Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb October 30, 2013 at 5:57 am

Of course I have some ideas…but one thing is for sure, I can’t wait!

• Reply heather October 30, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I want to know your ideas! Email me!

• Reply Katie Boué October 30, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I better be included in this email!

• Reply misszippy October 30, 2013 at 7:48 am

So, so cool! I love that you get to do this! And I’m jealous, too, I’ll admit. Can’t wait to hear the details!

• Reply Rebecca October 30, 2013 at 8:37 am

I DON’T KNOW AND IT’S KILLING ME!!!! AhhhH!!!

I have no doubt that it will be amazing, though! Columbia has a pretty good track record there…

• Reply heather October 30, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Agreed. Whatever it is will be awesome…but I can’t believe we still know NOTHING!

• Reply Kate October 30, 2013 at 8:51 am

This sounds awesome!

• Reply Amanda @runtothefinish October 30, 2013 at 8:56 am

suhhhweeet. You’ve had some fantastic adventures with them and I love following every single one! And yes I do forget that just because I’ve mentioned something not everyone A. Remembers B. Read it 🙂

• Reply Rachel October 30, 2013 at 11:08 am

Exciting news!!!!!!! I am jealous!

• Reply Christy @My Dirt Road Anthem October 30, 2013 at 2:54 pm

OH man that sounds awesome! mystery, intrigue and adventure! can’t wait to hear more about it, you get some cool opportunities!

• Reply heather November 1, 2013 at 11:39 am

I can’t even get over how lucky I’ve been over the past few years. Seriously, sometimes I just sit back and am like, “Seriously?!” Such cool stuff!

• Reply Elle October 30, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Love fun and happy surprises… how exciting!

• Reply Jill October 30, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I’m not even on Twitter… 🙂
    (I have a hard enough time keeping up with my blog – ha).

I have no idea, but geez it sounds really fun. I need more adventures!!

• Reply Alyssa November 1, 2013 at 6:36 am

LOL I was just trying to explain this to Kara because she has a creepily unbelievable memory. I can barely remember my own life. I have no idea what bloggers are doing, even friends, even if I follow them on twitter and read their blog regularly. Like I didn’t even know what Kara’s training had been that week and we are doing the same event! I guess maybe it’s just more of a thing for us memory challenged. It is tough though bc you don’t want to constantly repeat yourself on the blog because some people do remember…but you also don’t want to alienate readers who don’t!

• Reply Kayla November 1, 2013 at 8:26 am

I wasn’t suppose to say anything. Top secret information, ya know….. But me and the trip planners for the OMNITEN have been corresponding and decided Dallas was the way to go.

• Reply Axel (@apkussma) November 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

The ‘Games’ aspect of this has me intrigued… maybe something in the vein of Spartan/Warrior/Tough Mudder, but hopefully more original and with less carnage…

• Reply heather November 1, 2013 at 11:41 am

Seriously have no idea. It’s DRIVING ME BONKERS!!

• Reply A peek at Columbia Sportswear's #omniten adventure to Park City, UT January 6, 2014 at 4:13 pm

[…] a little snow kayaking, Rebecca of Calipidder.com is banking on some bear wrestling, Heather from Just A Colorado Gal is scratching her head,  and Michelle has promised to make us homemade poutine. Basically, no […]

• Reply The Columbia OmniGames: They’re On! - Just a Colorado Gal January 8, 2014 at 5:00 am

[…] the Games have finally […]