You know, I’ve never actually done the “Five for Friday” thing, or even the “Three for Thursday” deal. There’s nothing wrong with it, but I usually would rather talk about some fun adventure. Unfortunately for me, I’m in a writing standoff as of late and absolutely cannot think of anything to chat about. Lame.
1. Not that I’m counting or anything, but I only have three days of work left this season! We close on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and as much as I love our staff and appreciate them, I can’t wait for the season to be over.
2. The lil’ Diva that shares the house with Will and me (aka Tally) has become a monster lately! You see, she used to share the bed with me way back when it was just the two of us. However, when we moved in with Will, she changed her mind and decided to park it for the night on her comfy dog pillow on the floor.
Well, one night, Will called her up on the bed instead of me, and that was all it took! I think Will is her Alpha, so once HE said it was okay for her to visit us in bed, all bets were off! The difference now is that she seems to think the king-sized bed is her own personal mattress! When it was just me, she used to curl into this tiny ball at the foot of the bed and I would barely even notice she was there.
Not any more! Tals now thinks that she deserves at least 1/3 of our bed—if not more—and wouldn’t deign so low as to sleep at the bottom. In fact, she actually prefers my pillow…. the $200 Technogel pillow that I love so much that I travel with it! The catch is that she is being a freaking ninja about her antics because she knows we’ll kick her off if we catch her. She is quietly falling asleep on her pillow on the floor and then, once we’re sound asleep, she is ever-so-carefully climbing onto the bed and making herself comfortable. I woke up at 3 this morning to see her face next to mine on my Technogel! The little devil knows I love her to pieces, but she and I are going to brawl soon!
3. Did you guys hear that story about Target? They apparently had a new shirt in their clothing line, and they named the color “Heather Gray.” Pretty standard, right? Well, someone decided to get creative and rename the color something different for the plus-sized versions of the shirt….and they went with “Manatee Heather.” Seriously.How in the hell did that make it through the quality-control process?!
4. Also, did you hear that the FCC is considering lifting the cell phone ban on plans? Like, you could possibly be stuck on a zillion-hour flight with someone yapping on their phone the entire time? What an awful idea!
5. I’m finally getting day #1 on skis tomorrow…..yeahhhhh!!!